Friday, March 30, 2012

WTF FatCat?

First off I would like to apologize for my diminishing volume of posts lately.  I've been trying to arrange my garage for the improved brewery equipment I'm attempting to implement.  If you've ever been to my garage you know this is no simple task.  Shelves are being erected (giggity) and junk is hitting the curb.  I'll update you and give you some step by step as far as some of the brewing equipment is concerned as soon as I get some free time.

On the homebrew brew front, we're prepping to brew Super Spiker Andrew's first recipe the  Clydesdale Kolsch this weekend.  The Smack Yo Momma Pale ale is not what I was shooting for but man does it hit the spot.  The biscuity malt character is mellowing a little and blending into the hop character.  The hop character is poking through slightly on the finish but not to the extent I once hopped (or is it hoped?).  Overall the Pale is balancing out and becoming a really good "drinker".  I'm still convinced the Skadoosh Baltic Porter we brewed is the best beer ever made.  It is big with 8.5% ABV and a tremendous medium smooth mouthfeel.  My beer gnome must have blessed this brew because it has a nice smooth toffee character with a subtle smokiness to complement it on the finish.  I'm not sure where the subtle smoke comes from but man does it make this brew outstanding.  I have been assaulting my Porter keg pretty heavy and I'm afraid it will be tapped out soon if I'm not careful.  Come on willpower! 

On deck is the Chael's Ale!  Someone better call Scooby Doo and Shaggy because it's going to be a monster!

Once my garage brewery is complete I think we'll have to name it.  Super Spiker Andrew has come up with the best name so far - FatCat's Garage Tap and Baltic Porter Emporium.  It has a nice ring to it.  Stay with me and once the construction dusts settles I'll start hitting the bottle with you guys again.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment