Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

One of my favorite times of the year is St. Patrick's Day.  Most people that get excited about this day are the ones that venture to Westport and become part of the giant drunken crowd.  I guess dealing with drunken crowds and paying bar prices for alcohol all day does have it's appeal.  For me not so much.  What I do love about today is Irish Car Bombs.  I love them so much that I have to designate St. Patrick's Day (OK maybe a few days before and after too) as the sole day to partake in these hot fudge sundaes of the alcohol world.  If I didn't limit my Car Bomb intake to a few days a year I'm pretty sure I would have to join a support group.  I've tried different stouts to take the place of Guiness but haven't found a suitable Car Bomb substitute.  One year I even tried to Car Bomb with 6% ABV Dry Stout homebrew which turned out to be a terrible idea.  If you want to party like FatCat on St. Patty's Day here is the game plan.  Stay in the comfy confines of your own abode.  Enjoy Irish Car Bombs until you are flirting with the outer limits of reality.  Then eat as much homemade Shepard's Pie as humanly possible before retiring for the night.  If you require more adventure in your life then have fun in Westport or wherever you choose to celebrate.  As always enjoy your Car Bombs responsibly and be safe.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment